The Dos and Don'ts of Packaging Design for Food Brands
Food packaging plays a crucial role in the food business. Your food brand needs quality food packaging that is practical, attractive, and sustainable for customers. This is where food packaging design for a food brand comes in.
You must consider the smallest details when designing your food packaging. To make things simpler, we have come up with the dos and don’ts of packaging design for food brands, so you know exactly what to do and what not to do.
- Consider sustainable materials- eco-friendly food containers and associated supplies can help protect the environment. They show customers that you care about the planet, thus enhancing your brand image and opening your food brand to a rapidly growing segment of customers.
- Keep it simple- customers like an attractive food container or package, but first it has to be practical. So it helps to keep things simple when designing your food packaging. Of course, once you have a practical design, you can be as creative as you want with the custom prints.
- Get custom prints- plain food packaging is a missed branding and marketing opportunity. It is important that all your food packaging displays your brand name, logo, colors, and perhaps your brand message. You want to differentiate your food brand and stand out from the competition. Custom-printed food containers are inexpensive and their marketing and sales benefits are incredible.
- Display important information- nutritional information, ingredients, best-by dates, allergens, and labels like “organic” or “gluten free” can build trust with the customer and help you boost sales.
- Consider QR codes- printing QR codes on your food packaging can help customers redirect to your food brand’s website, reviews section, social media pages, etc. It is an easy way to gain more online traffic, reviews, followers, etc.
- Skimp on packaging- low-quality food packaging reflects poorly on your food brand and does a bad job of containing food and maintaining its quality. It is crucial to opt for quality materials, proper sizes, and practical designs that keep your food safe and fresh for longer. The nominally higher costs of quality, custom-printed food packaging is more than worth it.
- Promote too much- your custom-printed food containers should show your brand name, logo, and/or brand message/ story, but they aren’t billboards. Simple designs with minimal promotions are ideal. Customers don’t want to be overloaded with loud designs or lengthy marketing messages when they sit to eat.
- Mislead customers- as important as labeling and providing information on your food packaging is, it is even more important to maintain integrity. If you lie about your product being organic or gluten-free, it will spell disaster for your food brand, possibly leading to legal issues.
Consider these dos and don’ts of packaging designs for food brands, and you should be off to a good start. If you are unsure about something, or can’t find quality custom printed food packaging, we highly recommend contacting a trusted supplier like Custom Cup Factory.
You’ll find comprehensive customization options, high-quality food containers, eco-friendly materials, and all the help you need with packaging design for a food brand.
Feel free to get in touch through email at email@example.com or call 818 732 0099 to get started with your custom-printed food packaging today!